Initial Entry

Purpose:
This blog will serve as a space for me to review "Alone Together: Why We Expect More From Technology and Less From Each Other" by Sherry Turkle through the lenses of social media, networking, and designing for digital learning. It will also provide me with a platform to make connections, reflect, and share resources on these topics.


Introduction:
Currently, I am an elementary school teacher in a Kindergarten classroom in Northern Virginia. Our school is in our first year of integrating Project Based Learning and Project Lead the Way.  I have been working with Kindergartners for 5 years, pre-Kinders for one, and second graders for two years. I'm very active in my school and I help tutor fourth graders in math through an after-school SOL boot camp.

Hopefully, I will embark on a new journey as an Instruction Technology Training Specialist next school year in the same school I have been for the past 5 years. I am excited to support teachers in the integration of technology in the classroom. I am eager to challenge thinking and move lessons towards lesson design. I also hope to impact learning K - 4 and facilitate meaningful and safe technology usage.

Comments